Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Second of Many to Come...

"I still press your letters to my lips,
and cherish them in parts of me
that saver every kiss.
I couldn't face a life without your light..."
~ Snuff by Slipknot

Today is the beginning of my second 3 day shift up at work. I only got one day off this week with all the other crap I had going on. My day off (yesterday) however was very nice. I spent most of the day on the internet with the kids, my parents, and my wife. Amanda and I have this thing that we do where we get on the webcam and play games thru Windows Live.

I really think that being here is making our marriage stronger which is definitely not at all what I thought was going to happen. I mean we still fight sure, even on the phone, but it doesn't last. I just can't bring myself to be mad for more than a few minutes before the situation hits me and I instantly cool off. Without her being there for me I definitely could not make it thru this.

It still kills me that I am missing so much stuff with the kids, but Amanda is doing such a great job of taking pictures and videos with her phone and then emailing them to me. Not to mention I try my best to see them on the webcam every chance I get. Hopefully in a few more days I will have internet and phone hooked up in my room and most of my stress and being bored will be gone for good.


I am going to leave off today with a picture of Gabriel and his new hair cut. I absolutely love it.


Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That kid is so handsome! I can't decide who he looks more like, I see so much of both of you!