Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The beginning of a beautiful friendship

Yesterday something amazing happened to me. Some of you may know, that shortly after I started a web blog, Amanda decided to do the same. Well yesterday she made her first post and wrote something very special about me in it.

After I wrote my post yesterday and headed back to my room, I really started to think about what she wrote. Well some of you may know that years ago I used to write, poems mostly, and since have found next to no time to start again.

Years later, I have found the perfect place and plenty of time to start again. So last night I cleared my mind, put on some music and went to work. A few hours later, this is the result. I think it turned out great. Possibly the best I have ever written. And all thanks to my beautiful wife, Amanda. I love you hunny...

The most amazing person
that I have ever known
Raising our beautiful children
completely on your own

As the days pass by
that we are apart
My love for you grows
inside my lonely heart

Days come and go
as if you were right here
But when night comes
I wish you were near

My dreams are filled
with the beauty of your face
I hold you very close
in a very special place

So when the day comes
when we can be together
We will hold each other
and be together forever

Until next time...

1 comment:

Kelly White said...

Your going to make me cry.