Saturday, August 23, 2008

R-E-D...RED! R-E-D...RED!

Picture of the Day!

This picture was taken two days ago from a Helo flying back and forth from Camp Bonifas to the DMZ. Every month they make this flight 4 times to make sure everything in the chopper is working the way it should. In case of an emergency the chopper has a 3 minute response time to head up to the DMZ to evacuate all US and ROK personnel in the event of an attack. The flag that you see is the tallest standing flag in South Korea to date. The flag stands in the center of a rice patty farm just minutes away from the DMZ.

Today is my last day working before a nice 4 day break. Although one of my 4 days off will be spent down in Yong San, taking my driving test, completing my inprocessing, and buying new uniforms to put my new Staff stripes on! That's right people. You are looking at SSgt Martinez now :)

But enough about me, I want to tell you about my babies. So this week is pretty special as far as the kids go because both of the kids have learned how to do something new. Lily has finally rolled over completely on her own. Granted Amanda has to set her up just right and she can only go from her stomach to her back, but still, she did it. Gabriel (who just started half day pre-school a few weeks ago) can spell his first word, RED! They taught him this little song in school and O-M-G is it the cutest thing I have EVER heard! I am so glad that we can at least keep in touch the way we have been. It helps keep my mind off the fact that they aren't here.

I finished watching season 1 of Heroes last night and HOLY SHIT! I can't beleive how awesome that series is. I can't wait until season 2 comes out on DVD so I can catch up. I have a feeling a lot of my money over here is going to be spent on buying series of TV shows I have never seen and watching them. It's actually a really cheap way to keep myself busy. I also made the mistake of watching the movie "For love of the game". I have seen it before but never really realized how much of love story it really was rather than being about baseball. It made me miss Amanda so much that I had to turn it off. So I have a new rule. No more movies that involve kids or love while I am over here. From here on out if shit isn't blowing up or I am not laughing my ass off, then I am not watching it. I made this same mistake when I was deployed. I watched the "Notebook" all by myself, first time away from Amanda, and it took days to get it out of my head. I have been doing really good so far and I don't need some stupid movie messing it up for me.

Anyway it looks like that is it for now. Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited you have a blog! I'll add you to mine. Now Amanda needs one!

Anonymous said...

Haha, all I did was create .png images in photoshop. I'd be glad to create you a banner if you want! I'm so excited y'all have blogs, I'm addicted to it. I know only my mom and aunts read it but I don't care! :)