Friday, September 26, 2008

Long Time, No See...

Just as a warning this blog post will probably be relatively long, since I have not written in several days and I actually have a lot to talk about. I apologize to my "fans" that is has been this long but I have been fairly busy while at work and not really thought much about it while I wasn't. So here is a weeks worth of blogs crammed into one :)

Chop Sticks! Thats right, I am going to start by talking about chop sticks. Now most people know what they are and see them all the time at Chinese and Japanese restaurants but not very many people use them; except maybe for parents who are trying to entertain their kids. Well in Korea, and I imagine every Asian country, it is all they use. When you go to a restaurant off post you will find a spoon for your soup, and a set of stainless steel chop sticks. They are much thinner than wooden chop sticks, and much harder to use (most chop sticks are for Americans). Well I love them! So much in fact I use them with all my meals, even frozen dinners. I took a set from my kitchen in my office and I am just obsessed. I plan on buying a few sets before I leave so I can continue the fun even after I leave.

Squirrel and Ants! The United States insect and animal is Ants and Squirrel! Not really, but they should be. They are every where you go, no matter which state (at least the ones I have been to). Growing up and seeing these creatures makes you not appreciate them at all. In fact I think most people hate Squirrel and ants, for that very reason. But as soon as someone sees a Chipmunk or a Butterfly its like, "huh look hunny, its a pretty butterfly". Well in Korea, its the COMPLETE opposite. There are chipmunks everywhere, and butterflies in more shapes, sizes, and colors than I have seen since the last time I went to the zoo or museum. Not really much else to say about that, just thought it was a funny twist on normal life for us Americans.

Podcasts! Holy Crow are these cool or what? I have heard of them before, and Amanda has mentioned them a few times, but I always dismissed it because honestly why would I want to listen to someone talk about random things, when I could be listening to music? Well I sure as hell do now. For me it was 4 hours worth of Warhammer Online news and comedy and a little 45 minute series of podcasts called The Guild (if you haven't seen it, you NEED to...its free). What better way to blow free time at the cost of nothing to hear people talk about your favorite topics?

Okay so I guess it was not as long as I thought it was going to be. I tried to sum up a lot of that and I had plans to make a Warhammer vs. Warcraft blog post, but I am going to save that for another day. I need to go work out here in about 15 minutes and I still have a few peices of work to wrap up. So,

Until next time...

No comments: