Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another 3 down...

I finally get off of work in a couple of hours. This rotation wasn't as bad as previous ones. I managed to stay very busy with all the tours that came through and some busy work I decided to do just so no one else would have to. I slept fairly well every night, taking my mother-in-laws advice by praying everynight...which seemed to help a lot. I didn't get to talk to my family as much. My phone card didn't have a lot of minutes on it and I was just to busy. So I am looking forward to the break so I can get caught up with my talk time.

I didn't get to read much of my book this time though, which I am bummed out about. For those of you who don't know I am currently reading Eclipse, the third book in the Twilight series. I was not looking forward to reading it, in fact I didn't plan on reading it at all. But my wife loves the series so much I decided to read to, if nothing else, add another conversation point to the dinner table. To my surprise the story is amazing. It's a lot like Romeo and Juliet, but instead of being from rival families, the female is a human girl and the boy is a vampire. I know it sounds crazy but it is really good.

What can I say, I am a hopeless romantic I guess. I love stories like this one...but don't confuse that with loving chick flicks! I can't stand those. Most of them have the same stories...boy meets girl, girl falls in love, boy screws up, girls heart is broken, boy does something cheesy to make up for his screw up, girl loves boy again. I just descirbed more than half of the romantic comedies out there today. Romeo and Juliet, The Notebook, For love of the game, The Story of Us...these movies had an amazing romance story that just melts my heart. Like I said, hopeless romantic.

I am going down to Seoul today finally, I haven't been able to go in over two weeks. I am hopefully going to pass my driving test today so I can finally get my license and not be held back by depending on rides everywhere. I am also going to try and take my math placement exam for college so I can start school in a couple of weeks. I hate math so I figure I might as well knock that out first. Then I can hit up the PX and the Commisary and be good to go for at least a couple of weeks.

My relief should be here soon so I am going to log out of here. Until next time...

No comments: