Friday, April 3, 2009

Fear and Anxiety

Germany is right around the corner. The next milestone in my life, in my marriage, and in my responsibilities as a father. Holy Shit that is a lot of pressure. Its on my shoulders to pull this family through the biggest change we have ever had to face.

Since I have been in Korea everyone has heard me say how much closer me and my family have become. I think the biggest challenge will be keeping it that way and not going back to our old habits. For me personally my two biggest challenges will be my hobbies and money.

I have a habbit of getting into a hobby, spending a lot of time and money on it, and then never doing it again. So in my case, the two things that distract me the most from my family go hand in hand. So...

I have started training myself now not to get back into that habit. I have two hobies right now and I have told myself that is it. No MORE! haha. I am serious. I play guitar and I play video games. Now of those two the only one I need to keep in check is the video games. I play WoW, COD, Rock Band/Guitar Hero, and Street Fighter. THAT'S IT! NO MORE! haha.

So with all that said I think the biggest thing will be communicating with Amanda for the next several months, finding out from her what it is I need to change to make this family more successful, and then training myself to make those changes. Wish me luck!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Professor Raven said...

See, I was right...you guys are lucky to have each other! How many other military husbands just expect their wives to pack up, do everything, move, and not complain? But you are asking for input, getting involved :-) I'm so glad I know you guys!