Sunday, December 7, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...


It has been snowing here for about 4 hours straight. At first it didn't stick, but after time the ground has covered in about an inch of white blanket. I never really realized how much I have missed snow all these years until today. It really makes me miss my kids too, since I know that would have a great time outside.

I started my countdown today to my mid-tour. As long as everything goes according to plan I will be home for a little over three weeks in just 59 days. Doesn't seem that far away when I put it into days and not months. Thanksgiving and my Anniversary has come and gone, now all I have to get thru is Christmas and New Years and I will start to feel a little better.

I was sitting here earlier thinking about how freaked out I get about coming up to work and I started to wonder if I was really scared, or if I was just so bored and lonely that I was screwing myself up. I mean its not like I have a whole lot to do around here except think about my life and the things that go on in it.

I guess it really doesn't matter. I will never know what it is, cause even after 4 months I still get that same aweful feeling in my gut when I go to sleep. Its just one of the many crappy things I have to deal with. 59 days...59 days!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Diana Hewlett said...

Hey Luis, glad you'll get a chance to go home for a little while. When will your tour there be finished for good? I know you and Amanda and the kids will be happy to be all together again! We're proud of you, take care of yourself!

Amanda said...

57 days! It's pretty there. I want more pictures! Love you!

Unknown said...

Hey Louie, you suck. I so wish we could have a white Christmas here. Call me silly but I miss the snow too. I think it is more for the change of scenery than anything. I find myself getting bored with the same old scenery day in and day out.
Hopefully when you come home for your mid-tour we can get together for at least an afternoon. Just remember, as much as you miss everyone here, everyone else is missing you just as much.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. You need to post more of then so we all know what it is like around there. How about pictures of Seoul etc...Love and miss you very much. Mama